"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Growing Kids Sale - Fall 09

I don't remember ever feeling this wiped out after a GKS sale. My body is screaming at me that I am not a young 20-something anymore or quite frankly, that I'm barely a 30-something anymore! :) I am aching all over and I think I could sleep for a whole week. We did start back to school today, but we're moving at a snail's pace... I'm about to call a school break and drive everyone over to Starbucks for a pick me up or I might fall asleep at my computer! :) Although I'm not even sure if I'm safe behind the wheel of a car right now... yikes!

Here are some pics from the sale. This first one is on the opening day when our first group of shoppers came to the worker preview party. John and I think that our sale is now probably in the top 5 largest in the country! Isn't that amazing?! We had almost 2000 consignors this time!


How fun is this?! This is a pic of the Duggars filming at our sale for one of their upcoming shows on TLC's "18 and Counting".


We had a very quick dinner break with the Duggars at the sale and had this photo taken together before we ate.


Here's Josiah working in the concession stand at the sale with two of his cousins (Madie and Carigan) and with Joy Anna Duggar.


My brother-in-law snapped this photo of me and Michelle Duggar visiting while she was working a volunteer shift at the sale. She is precious and I am grateful for her friendship... she's an inspiration to me by the way she lives to serve the Lord with her life. I know I could learn a lot from her.
Here's a link to a news story that one of our local tv stations aired during our sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment