"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Things I Treasure

Today was hard...  just plain and simple, hard.  When we finally finished school and all the workers had gone for the day (we're remodeling two bathrooms) I told the two oldest boys that I needed to rest for a little while - while Will was taking his nap.  Shepard immediately got up and went to separate corner of the room and bowed his little head and began to pray out loud...  "Lord please help Mommy to feel better" etc.  Oh, I treasure his prayers!

Tonight as the boys were getting ready for bed, Josiah came to us and expressed an interest in helping to serve at the Community Rescue.  His face showed a true compassion as he was telling us about some of the families that he remembers meeting there.  Oh, my heart swells.  I praise the Lord for building this character trait in Josiah.

And little Will...  whenever Shepard has his latest injury and the tears keep flowing, Will is quick to stand by his side and gently rub his back until he feels better.  So sweet!

These are some of the things I want to remember!

2 comments:

  1. they get these traits from their wonderful parents....you are such a good example of love and generosity~
    chas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is SO sweet!! I love these boys! You've truely done a great job training them in the love and admonition of the Lord! I'm so, so, so, thankful to know you all!
    Love,
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete