"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Green Gabled Acres Belongs to Us!

We closed on the house today so it is officially ours!  I don't know another way to say it, but what I really mean is that the Lord has given it to us to live in and take care of because it really belongs to HIM.  Everything belongs to Him.  We are just incredibly thankful that He has blessed us with the opporutunity to be stewards of this place.  We got to go out there today for a walkthrough before the closing...  I had to think happy thoughts while we were driving on that section of dirt road in the rain :)...  but once you pull in, a dirty car just fades away and the peaceful tranquility takes over.  It's the most lovely place I've ever seen.  I can't wait to make it "home"!!  I'm busy thinking about paint colors and where to put furniture and John's thoughts are filled with how many chickens to get and what kind of coop to build!  Our farming adventure is about to begin!  Pinch me...  am I dreaming...  it feels so wonderful.
One of the barns...


1 comment:

  1. What an awesome blessing!! You guys are going to have so much fun on this new journey in your lives. The boys are going to be such a great help on the farm. I love the name - were you able to choose it? I loved watching the Anne of GG series with you and hope to share it with my girls one day.

    ReplyDelete