"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Shauna

We sadly went to my cousin Darren's wife's funeral this past weekend.  They have two very young children and she was only 29.  It was really just incredibly heartbreaking and so hard to see people that you care so much about to be hurting so much.  I often want to ask the Lord "why"...  don't we all?  Some things seem too hard to bear.  But as my precious friend told me recently, God's grace is there.  She reminded me of these verses...
"We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life.  Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death.  But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God... on Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers." 
2 Cor. 1:8-10
So, we pray and continue to pray.
The service of the celebration of her life was lovely.  I especially enjoyed listening to the people gathered sing...  I had lost my voice and sounded like a frog so if I had tried to sing it would have sounded only like a squeak.  So, I ended up with the privilege of listening...  beautiful.  And then the song they recorded before she died of her singing with her family - (and my extended family) - a treasued keepsake!  Even now the thought of it brings tears to my eyes and I think how good the Lord was to give them that gift.
I snagged this picture from her sister's blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment