"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Monday, March 12, 2012

Growing Kids Sale Spring 2012

We're at the final sprint now... only two more days to go.
Today was a day of rest... much needed!  I don't think anyone in my whole house got out of bed before NOON - thanks to losing an hour last night for daylight savings.
The rest of the day was spent with LOTS of happy togetherness hugs!  I couldn't get enough!  I was just so delighted for all five of us to be home together again.
I made my bed for the first time in a week.  Sometimes it's just the little things that bring so much joy!
I caught up on my email with a cup of hot orange spice tea...  which felt great on my increasingly sore throat.  (It's almost impossible to do the Growing Kids Sale without getting sick! :) This weekend several of our family crew were battling sick bugs.)
But, again we were SO blessed by the sale!  It was so wonderful to see so many friends and also, to catch the feeling that the sale is a blessing to so many folks.  I hope so!

My most favorite quotes from this sale:
"God is good!" from Shepard at a completely unexpected, but perfect time for a reminder.
"Love ya!" from Brandy at my favorite chuckle moment!
And then finding two of our workers in the break area praying together!  Wow!
Blessed indeed!

Here are some pictures of Josiah and Shepard working at the sale:
Josiah worked "carry-out" for the first time and he did great!  I was really encouraged to see him interact with the shoppers in such a respectful way.  I'm so proud of the young man he is becoming!


Shepard came out to see Josiah doing a carry-out.



Working the concession stand!

Love this man!  He always impresses me with the way he sets up all our technology stuff and oversees the check-out area.


No comments:

Post a Comment