"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Whispering Pines


Have you ever heard a whispering pine?  I have!  Just the other evening when I was out for my walk...  that's when I love to walk... when the western sky is glowing gold, up until that magical moment when time hangs between day and night.  It caught me off guard...  the whispering.  It was so loud that I looked up and wondered if I had just heard the small, still voice of the Lord talking to me??!  I walked on and then circled back to the pines...  the ones in the picture above and listened again.  After a moment it came...  the whisper!  Most trees r~u~s~t~l~e in the wind.  But not pines... they really whisper.


And I praised the Lord for the wonderness of His creation.  (I don't think wonderness is a real word, :) but I think it captures what I mean.)  I'm not sure I would ever want to live in town again.  Maybe I really am a country girl after all.  Well, I suppose a real country girl would laugh at that... I'm not tough and I still don't like to get dirty...  but I do have a big appreciation for the peacefulness of country life!!! 
I walk on...  with the flitting butterflies, the scent of honesuckle strong along the wood edge, an occasional splash when a frog jumps in the pond and my favorites... my hand nestled in my hubby's strong hand or the sound of my boys' laughing as they run to catch up.



No comments:

Post a Comment