"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Will is learning to read!

He was literally trying to teach himself to read. 
Ah, lightbulb moment for me! 
We're almost done learning all his letters so I was just trying to get that finished.  But, the boy is ready to read!  So, I pulled out a little beginning reader that his big brothers had used...  and the magic began to happen! 
He read one page and I was ready to say "good job" and close the book, but he wanted to read another and another! 
Then he looked up at me and said,
"I'm a reading boy!"
He smiled and gave me a big hug then pumped his fist in the air and yelled "YAY!"
 
So, now he can't wait to tell everyone that he is learning to read.  He was so excited to show his Dad!

 
Now, he asks to read during school.  And he's super excited for the day he can read stories on his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment