"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Saturday, December 5, 2009

Policeman Warning

I'm so far behind... I have a lot of blogging to do to catch up! Life is a whirlwind these days. I'm sure it is better to LIVE life than to write about it :), but still, I want to capture these memories to share and cherish. Life right now is a desk filled with a never ending stack of papers and to-do's - and I work at keeping it cleared off, but there's always more to take the place of what I cleaned. (Btw, I love my trashcan! If only I could talk all these boys - yes all four of them - into loving it like I do! :)) Well, I digress... So, anyway, I've got to tell you the story of this recent conversation between Shep and Josiah and then I'll make some posts with pictures of some of our latest adventures.

Earlier this week, as the boys were contemplating what gifts they might like to get for Christmas, Shepard told Josiah that he would like a toy police car because "Ya know, I want to be a police when I grow up!" Our thoughtful and ever-cautious Josiah then began to explain to Shepard the dangers and hazards of being a policeman - even citing the most recent news events about some police officers who had been killed recently - he sounded MUCH older than his 10 years. I wondered if Josiah's warnings would scare Shepard and while I was contemplating about whether or not to get involved in the conversation, Shepard placed his hand on Josiah's arm and with a voice full of compassion and yes, sounding a little adult-like himself, said, "Josiah, don't worry about me... if I die, you will see me again in God's World someday." And here I was worried that he might be frightened - but his sweet faith was precious. I just love how he tried to comfort Josiah in the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment