"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I love homeschooling!

I did NOT say it was EASY! :)  I said I LOVE it!
Like today, we had the flexibility to travel with John to Oklahoma City on his trip.  We just did school in the car on the way there.  We had a big adventure!  We were all together for the day and we got to go out to eat for lunch.  We made a great memory!
I also love how our whole family can participate in school together!  We've been studying about China in school lately and reading books together with John about it in the evening.  So, this past weekend, we made a few new Chinese recipes for dinner and the boys crafted some Chinese lanterns to decorate our table.  It wasn't fancy, but it was a great time together (even if the boys didn't like the food - which is funny because they love eating at Chinese restaurants!)  Here's a pic from our dinner...
Even though there are days when I think it's hard to homeschool, I just don't think I will ever look back with regret about the time invested with our kids.  We can't get these days back...  and they are precious days!

No comments:

Post a Comment