"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Salvation Army

We took a "huuu-mon-ju-ous" (as Will would say) load to the Salvation Army last weekend.  We are cleaning out as we get ready to move.  It's a good thing I have a "huuu-mon-ju-ous" vehicle because it was packed - even though I'm thinking I should drive a mini-van or something after my two latest fender benders in the last couple of days. Ugh!  The third row seat was out of the way and we filled the back of my Yukon XL all the way to the top.  As soon as we got to the Salvation Army, the boys wanted to hop out and help unload.  The guys working there couldn't believe how helpful they were...  I admit I was a little surprised myself, but I was grateful to see their servant's hearts developing.  What I thought was so cute was how they started talking to the guys who work there...  asking questions about what the Salvation Army does with all the stuff they get and how they help people, etc.  The guys were so great to explain everything to the boys.  And in typical Wasson boy fashion they all had a different perspective:  Josiah was analyzing the business side of things with his entreprenurial thinking and asking specific business-related questions.  Shepard's heart immediately broke for the needy and he wanted to give more.  I think Will was just ready to get to work at the store.  I know I say this all the time, but I love the uniqueness of my boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment