"Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and soul." Joshua 22:5


Saturday, June 13, 2009

Traveling Adventure

Why was our trip to Atlanta such an adventure? Because we missed our flight on Saturday morning! The sad thing is that we didn't even know we were late for it... we thought we were early! (Yes, my dad and my brother wonder how in the world I could have grown up in the home of an airline captain and not know how early we should arrive for a flight. My excuse is that we always flew standby when I was a kid... this time I had tickets! :)) Our small airport had all the lights turned out at American Airlines when we got there... we had to wait quite a while to even talk to someone. Finally, a friend working security at the airport helped us come up with the plan to drive to Dallas and try to catch another connecting flight to Atlanta. I thought I would have a heart attack because John was driving so fast... but we made it... barely! We arrived in Atlanta much later than we had planned, but we really didn't miss much of the convention and from my perspective I could see that the Lord's favor was on us in so many ways. It was exciting! We were sure that the trip home would be uneventful, but no... we couldn't find our luggage. The same person working security who helped us on the first day pulled a few strings and helped us again... I've never enjoyed unpacking as much as I did this time... I was just so relieved to have our clothes and my camera again. John and I have decided that from now on if we can drive to our destination we will choose to drive instead of flying. But I still LOVE to fly... it's just so much fun!

Here's a picture of Stone Mountain in Atlanta. John and I enjoyed visiting there on one of our vacation days. I took these pictures with my new iPhone... a flash would have been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment